Information Collected by Ball Tribe
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share sports information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Ball Tribe users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order for you to use Ball Tribe services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, city, state and e-mail address).
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
2. About Our Advertisers
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
3. Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Ball Tribe and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Ball Tribe cookie information, and the page you requested. Ball Tribe uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
Ball Tribe may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Ball Tribe will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Ball Tribe is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Ball Tribe may send out e-mails with Ball Tribe-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Ball Tribe, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
● Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Ball Tribe cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because Ball Tribe enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Ball Tribe is an integral part of the Ball Tribe experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
● Ball Tribe Personnel: Ball Tribe personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Ball Tribe business.
● Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Ball Tribe, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
● User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Ball Tribe users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Ball Tribe where we allow you to tell other Ball Tribe users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
Keeping Information Secure
● Your Ball Tribe account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
● Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Ball Tribe website. As a result, Ball Tribe does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Ball Tribe has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Ball Tribe or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use