It’s hard to believe just how fast the time flies when you are having fun. Balltribe.com was originally launched in the early part of 2011, which makes the balltribe.com community well over a year old already. And, yes….we are still in Beta.
But never fear, the latest phase in our plan was launched this week. We have more great features and upgrades for you that are bringing us ever closer to an official launch that we have anticipated and planned.
These latest changes to the site are some that will give you the tools necessary to increase your social presence amongst the community, and better track your friends activities, interests, and favorite content.
- launched initial invite-only beta site
- consulted with participants about suggested changes
- implemented changes to site
- opened beta site up to anyone
- early marketing efforts
- implemented user-user messaging
- released voting buttons to be used on external sports blogs and sites
- implemented systems to limit the amount of spam submissions
- launched program to allow youtube videos to be played by clicking submission thumb
- launch newly designed profile pages with a focus on their activity and social tools
- released improvements to the site’s algorithm for promotion of content to “Hot News”
- launch improvements to user-user messaging system, integrated within profile pages
- implement a ‘groups’ platform that allows users to setup groups with their friends to share content
- early beta launch of a ‘scores’ page that will show up to the minute scores from various leagues
- implement a user profile ‘status updates’ program to track friends latest activity and messages
- Marketing and promotions (includes help from the community where possible)
- Ongoing quality control
- implementation of aggressive SEO strategy and improvements
If you have any questions or concerns with the latest Balltribe.com changes as part of Phase II, please feel free to contact us at your convenience and we are happy to help make the experience on Balltribe as enjoyable and hassle free as possible.
Thanks to everyone who has stuck by us over the past year, as we have worked to improve the site, and get closer to a finished product we can all use to promote the best sports content from around the web!